Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rotating Collection Feature

Title Feature
Book 1 : Fall Rotation
Alabama Moon by Watt Key


Description:
For as long as Moon can remember, he has lived in the forest in a shelter with his father. They kept to themselves, aside from occasional trips to the general store. When Moon's father dies, Moon is quickly caught up in a world he doesn't know or understand; he's become property of the government he's be avoiding all his life. As the spirited and resourceful Moon encounters constable, jails, institutions, lawyers, true friends, true enemies, he adapts his wilderness skills and learns to survive in the outside world, and even, perhaps, make his home there.

Excerpt:
Just before Pap died, he told me that I'd be fine as long as I never depended on anybody but myself. He said I might feel lonely for a while, but that would go away. I was ten years old and he'd taught me everything I needed to know about living out in the forest. I could trap my own food and make my own clothes. I could find my way by the stars and make fire in the rain...

Get a copy today!


Click here to find this title in our catalog and to place a hold.
Remember to have your library card barcode ready!
Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click the request/hold button.



No comments: